Sunday, July 5, 2009

I HAVE NO TIME TO POST ! UPDATES

Wow....Life has surely been busy...I hardly ever have time to post any more. Since Graduation, my office has done a layoff. Fortunately, I was not impacted except for less staff. Also, I have a new schedule. For 8 years in my dept, I have worked Wed- Sat or Thur - Sun. Now, Saturdays are my "Monday"...I will be working Saturday - Tuesday, with Wed - Friday off....It will be the first time in 8 years that I will have Friday nights off on a regular basis. Maybe a social life will follow suit !! NOT !!

Right after graduation, Jessica, she left for the beach with her friends. They spent a week there.

I went to NY in the middle of June to see Elliot's surprise. I had guessed that he had moved into an apartment in the city. How wrong could I have been? lol....Actually, he bought a house in the little village called Freeport. It' right on the southern shore. He lives about 5 - 10 min from the beach. He has the cutest house. It was a repossession. A little 2 Story house, with a basement, and postage stamp yard.

I loved my time in NY. It was so cool....no humidity...and we had the windows up alot. I had lots of downtime with by Grand dogs.

When I returned back from NY on June 17, Andrew had flown out earlier that morning to Cleveland for 5 weeks ! :( He is visiting his grandparents (ex wife's parents) and friends, and his girlfriend. He'll return at the end of July, and be home for 1 day before we leave for NY for 2 weeks.

Jessica left this past Friday for Cleveland, with her Step Dad. They are going to up to meet up with my ex wife, Andrew, Grandparents for a vacation up there. So, I have no children at home...with the exception of the dogs and the 20 something chickens of Andrew that need feeding daily !!! It is the perfect time to do my transition to my new schedule, being I have to work 6 days straight.

In the middle of all this craziness, I've been helping my mom, move my Aunt into a Assisted Living Facility. Poor thing; the Parkinson's Disease has been progressing and she's becoming increasingly weaker. It's really sad....I think she had lived in her home for like 55 years.....My mom has had a really hard time with making the decision to put her into a home. It is difficult to know that this is the final stages of her life...and leaving the home that she lived for so long.

At the end of July, the kids and I will be heading to NY for 2 weeks to spend with Elliot...Finally, the whole family together. Life will be good !

No comments: