Friday, October 7, 2011

The Cooking Channel - Cooking Encouragement

I just love the Cooking Channel. My most favorite Chef's are Giada (do I say more)..Chuck Hughes , Bobby Flay, Laura Calder, David Rocco, Jamie Oliver, Ingrid Hoffman and finally Nigella. When I am home during the week on my days off, I will turn the Cooking Channel and my above 'friends' entertain me in the afternoon.

I have been encouraged to use fresh herbs rather than using dried herbs (and it does make a difference). I have begun using herbs that I have always previously ignored. I have gotton brave and begun using cheeses I would have overlooked, especially fresh mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano (both are wonderful). I have learned to NEVER put oil in pasta, learned how to poach an egg in a pot of water, pan fry a steak and never over cook anything.

I have decided to begin a new journey to share what I have learned about cooking. Admittedly, I'm no professional, but I love to attempt new recipes. Therefore, I am beginning a new blog called "The Fanciful Foodie" Discover ~ Create ~ Experience

No comments: