Saturday, January 31, 2009

WHAT A ROLLER COASTER OF A WEEK !!

Finally, the current economic crisis has hit the company I work. Layoffs were inevitable and announcements were made this week. I knew at least 10 -1 5 of the impacted people. How terribly sad ! Several of the impacted people were folks I have considered friends. In fact, one was a guy I had dated a couple of years ago. Most of these people were high tenured people with the company, having given15 - 20 years of their lives. I'm sure they are feeling of a sense of betrayal. I know I would. It's hard to imagine that some of the people I have worked with and socialized with, will no longer be apart of our company.

However, the big news in my life.....I have reconnected with an old flame. He's someone I have not stopped caring for since our relationship had a sudden end in the fall. Brian made the initiative to contact me last weekend. He asked if I would have coffee with him on Monday, of course, I accepted. I was really interested in seeing him and my reaction. Well...My heart skipped a beat when I saw him standing in front of Barnes & Noble. We decided to have dinner, being neither of us had eaten. I really sat back and listened to him. He apologized for the fall and we discussed if there was enough between us to pick up and see where this relationship would lead. We, both, decided we wanted to move forward. We made plans for Thursday.

On Tuesday, Brian texted and wondered if I would be up for going to dinner. Of Course, I was up for it ! We had dinner at Carrabbas . Afterwards, we went to Starbucks and cuddled in the car. On Thursday, after work, we were back at a Starbucks again, and cuddling in the car. He asked if he could go to church with me. I am flattered, excited, nervous...etc. He's beginning to enter my world. After church, we will go to lunch and then he plans to spend the afternoon with me until his super bowl party.

I am trying hard to contain my feelings. It's funny. I cared for him deeply last fall and still do today. I truly believe in the goodness within him. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for us.

No comments: