Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Beheaded Chocolate Bunny Day !!!

HAPPY EASTER !!

Easter is supposedly the first sign of Spring. Here in NC, it's around 60 and sunny...The Daffodils and Tulips are blooming, as well as, The Bradford Pear Trees. However, my son in New York says today's high temp was around 40 degrees....My close friends in Cleveland had 4 " of Snow on the Ground . O MY !!!

Well....Elliot was in NY for Easter....sent his Easter Basket (BOX) to him by UPS last week....Jessica and Andrew spent the weekend with their mom and celebrated Easter there. Haven't heard the stories, yet....but it's always interesting, being my ex wife doesn't cook...I always get a chuckle....but at least she's making an attempt to be domestic for them.

Jessica and Andrew will come home Monday AM, and we will celebrate Easter at my parents at Lunch. I have Easter Baskets for both of them. I think they will like !.

On Easter Day, I came home from American Express.....and made a Coconut Cream Cake (1st Time), Potato Salad and a Sweet Potato Casserole...These are my contributions to our Easter Meal on Monday. I, then, chatted with Elliot for a while...and slept rest of my day.

I still find it odd that I don't go to church on Easter Sunday. It's not that I'm not a believer....but I work such a crazy schedule, it's just difficult to make it to a service....Additionally, being gay, I'm not going to a church that "hates" gay people.

On Tuesday, my cousin, Janice is bringing her mom (Elsie) over to go out to lunch, to celebrate mom's Birthday. Jessica and Andrew, both, want to go. I think Aunt Dot will be coming, as well. Afterwards, we will all go visit Aunt Katie (suffering with Alzheimer's and recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer). Aunt Katie's days are numbered. She has had a wonderful life. She's got 3 kids ( my cousins) who love her dearly and would do anything for she and/or Uncle Watson. Also, she has, 7 grandchildren, I think (Mike has 2 kids...Kaye has 3....Ken...hmmm...2, ?).

On Wednesday, I work my Part time job for a few hours. Thursday, I'm off at Pier One and American Express. The kids and I may go hiking or do something fun that day !! YAH !!

No comments: