Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lots of things have occurred this week, which I thought noteworthy.

Current Events :

  • On Friday evening, March 14, Downtown Atlanta, GA, was hit by a Tornado. The CNN building, OMNI Hotel, Olympic Park, took significant damage. The storms came up thru SC and into NC. NC had a few Severe Thunderstorm Warnings and a couple of Tornado Warnings. We only experienced a few thunderstorms and a good amount of rain.

Family:

  • Being the kids will be with their mom on Easter Sunday, My parents have agreed for us to celebrate Easter on Monday. I dare not skip Easter, being Jessica told me it was one of her favorite holidays. So, I am doing everything possible to make it a nice day !! I've already started purchasing things for their Easter Baskets. Of course, all 3 kids will get a basket. I need to mail Elliot's by Tuesday.

  • My Mom's Birthday is coming up on the March 26. My cousin Janice is bringing her mom, Aunt Elsie, over from High Point, and we will go out and celebrate. I am sure it's kind of hard on my mom and Aunt Elsie. Two of their sisters' diseases / illnesses have progressed in such a way, they will not be able to celebrate with us. It was only just a couple of years ago, and all 4 sisters got together regularly for birthdays and special events. Now two of the sisters' health is to poor from them to get out. However, after going out for a meal, we will go visit Aunt Dot, who has Parkinson's Disease, and Aunt Katy, who has Alzheimer's and recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Aging Sucks !!

  • I have told Pier One management that I need to have either Tuesday or Wednesday off each week. I've been thinking about it a while now. I'm just not getting anything done around the house. Additionally, I'm just tired all the time. I'm especially excited this week, being I don't work Sunday night....off Monday from both jobs....then off Wednesday, both jobs. I should get some things accomplished !!!!

  • I, finally, purchased my airline tickets to NYC for my April trip. Jessica will be there with her choral group. I'm flying up to spend time with Elliot and to attend some of Jessica's activities. It should be lots of fun !! I'm staying in a hotel this trip. There are some issues with Elliot's roommates. Apparently, Elliot's roommate's, live-in girlfriend, Kate, doesn't want me to stay at the house with Elliot and has been making all kinds of excuses for me not to stay there. I refuse to be a guest somewhere I'm not wanted, so I'm staying in a hotel. However, because of Kate's sudden dislike for me, it's causing a lot of tension with Elliot. Elliot has been extremely angry and upset with them for their lack of maturity. Elliot has been a loyal son. It's one thing to have done something tangible to cause her to feel badly towards me, but she's making up things to cause issues. If I had offended her, I could attempt to correct the problem or make amends, but she's making very random excuses why she doesn't feel I should stay at the house. 1. She feels like she will have to enertain me during the day while Elliot is working. When that excuse didn't hold water; 2. She told Elliot that I bitched alot about him behind his back, which made her uncomfortable. Fortunately, Elliot knew that was a lie. He knows I think the "sun rises and sets" with him. Funny thing, it has been quite the opposite. When I visited at Thanksgiving and at New Years, I was the one uncomfortable with their complaining about him. 3. The latest accusation has been that I have played to rough with their dog and have caused him emotional damage and they are having to hire a trainer to undo what I caused. Elliot and I, both, know this is a load of crap. I love their dog and have done nothing but love that animal....If anyone has mistreated the dog, it's been Steven and Kate. The dog gets yelled at and handled roughly for several minutes if it has an "accident" on the floor or does something they don't feel is appropriate. I think I'm more disturbed by the lies and this sudden dislike for me. It amazes me how some people would rather just end a relationship rather than have discussion to cause reconciliation. I'm not used to being disliked and it's been very disturbing. Elliot keeps telling me to not let it get to me....let it go.... Personally, Elliot and I don't see how he can remain with them long term.

No comments: